Spring is here and that means more time outside! As with any outdoor item, regular care will keep it looking its best. The sleek design of our smokeless collection adds modern charm with a black powder coated finish, rated to withstand high heat. Here are some of the best ways to maintain the appearance of your smokeless fire pit.
What to Expect
Your firepit has helped create lots of memories- in the backyard on summer nights, at the end of the day traveling in your RV, or roasting s’mores with the kids. It has been blazing hot, left out in the elements, and well loved. By now you may be seeing the color is changing, the black is not as sharp, the patina of the steel is coming through. This is completely normal.
How to Fix It
You can always keep the firepit with the wear as it does not hinder the functionality of the double burn for your smokeless fire. However, if you want to maintain the aesthetics & care for your outdoor smokeless fire pit, we recommend a few easy steps.Safety First! Always wear old clothes, safety glasses, and gloves.
1.Collect SuppliesWhat will you need?
- Fine Sandpaper 120 Grit
- Wire brush
- Bucket with water
- Microfiber rag
- Rustoleum high temperature Black spray paint
- Drop cloth, tarp or something to protect the surface below
2. Begin SandingPut your drop cloth down and place the fire pit on it. Use sandpaper to gently smooth out any roughness around the rim. The goal is to make the firepit surface smooth & even, if it’s not.
3. Use a Wire BrushRun a wire brush on the inside of the fire pit’s burn chamber and on the top.
4. Wipe it DownUse a damp cloth to wipe down and remove all fine particles on the fire pit. Allow it to air dry completely.
5. Apply High Temperature PaintAre your safety glasses on? Good. We recommend using a high temperature resistant paint, such as Rust-oleum High Heat. Continuously spray to evenly coat the surface of the fire pit. Allow to dry and repeat to apply a second coat. Follow the directions on the can for best distance and product application.
Once your fire pit is completely dry, cover it with the Protective Cover to protect it from the elements. If a cover is not readily available, move your firepit to the garage or shed when not in use.Seasonal upkeep of your Blue Sky Smokeless Fire Pit takes a small amount of time for seasons of enjoyment. For more FAQ’s please visit our website here.