Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Chocolate or dark chocolate candy melts
- hot chocolate mix
- mini marshmallows
- white chocolate, sprinkles, crushed candy cane, or your favorite embellishments
What you'll need
- 2.5" half-sphere silicone candy molds
- 1/2 Tablespoon
- 1/4 cup
- A piping bag
- Frying pan
- Heat candy melts in the microwave or a double boiler and stir until completely melted. Set some extra chocolates aside.
- Scoop 1/2 T of the melted chocolate into each mold and smooth up to the edge of the mold with the back of a spoon. Make sure the mold are evenly coated with chocolate.
- Let the chocolate set in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the chocolates from the mold. You can use gloves to avoid melting the molds or leaving fingerprints.
- Set half of the chocolates aside and lay out the other half to fill.
- Add 1 T of hot cocoa mix to the molds. You can also add your favorite homemade mix or other spices, candies, and flavors to customize the bombs!
- Add 1/4 cup mini marshmallows.
- Heat up the frying pan on the stove on low for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Take the chocolates that were set aside and place the rim of each chocolate on the warmed pan until the edge is just slightly melted.
- Gently press the melted tops onto each filled half-sphere.
- Melt the extra chocolate and use the piping bag to seal the two halves together. You can use your finger to smooth the piped chocolate.
- Decorate them with a white chocolate drizzle, sprinkle your favorite toppings, and they are ready to go!
Voila! The final step is to put the Hot Chocolate Bombs into mugs, pour in some hot milk, and watch as your chocolate spheres magically melt into a delicious cup of hot cocoa! Of course, our favorite way to enjoy this sweet treat is taking them outside and warming up a kettle of milk over the fire. Happy National Hot Chocolate Day!
Did you enjoy a cup of hot cocoa by the fire today? Tag us on social @blueskyoutdoorliving and let us know!